Address: Vancouver, BC
Always striving to learn, apply and strengthen new skills.
- Managed and developed on a large Node.js project for jSonar.
- Created C++ reinforcement learning library.
- Work and participated as a Software Developer in Google Summer of Code for the summer of 2016.
- Intern Software Developer for University of Alberta’s Learning Management System from May 2015 to August 2016.
- Lead Software Developer
jSonar November 2017 – Current
- Managed and developed organizations Kibana instance.
- Developed on a proprietary version of Elasticsearch.
- Managed Scrum Team.
- Software Developer
Moodle via Google Summer of Code May-August 2016
Created an image editing module for the Moodle, a Learning Management System. This involves solving many constraints imposed by the web development environment.
- Pushed a couple of bug fixes in the Moodle code base.
- Worked on image editing module for Moodle rich text editor.
- Software Developer
University of Alberta’s Information Services and Technology 2015-2016
Responsible for software development, testing, and sometimes DevOps tasks. A great first look of real-world software development process.
- Created many modules for the Moodle Learning Management System.
- Sped up the unit test suite by 4x by creating a continuous integration module that parallelizes the tasks.
- Created the framework for Student Polling System, in the hopes of saving students money from buying iClicker.
- Simulation Developer
Run-WithIT May-Oct 2017
Created simulations to test complex advertising systems. This involves learning about the many systems that interact with the client’s advertising software.
- Created simulations to simulate external systems.
- Extensive data mining to gather behaviour of external systems.
- C/C++: My first language. I’ve written with since Grade 11, in 2011.
- Java: Plenty of experience with jSonar where I developed our own proprietary version of Elasticsearch, utilizing best practices such as bits of advice from Code Complete and tasteful application of design patterns.
- PHP: Significant contribution to Moodle framework.
- .Net: Extensive development experience with C#.
- Relational and Non-Relational DB: PostgreSQL, OracleDB, and MongoDB.
- CSS/SASS/LESS: Had regularly used Bootstrap and Ionic CSS framework.
- Linux: My regular OS, and knows my way around.
- Hadoop: Used in various data analysis project.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, 2017